Saturday, July 4, 2009

Introduction

I decided to create this food blog for my father who recently developed an allergy to a wide range of fruits and vegetables with a similar chemical composition as latex. Recently he came to visit me for a few days and I was able to learn more about this complex disorder. When dinner time approached my brain began working in overtime, wondering what kind of food combinations would work within his health constraints. How about dinner with tacos and fresh guacamole and salsa? nope, try again. Mmmm, fresh salad with fresh carrots, red peppers, and cucumbers garnished with dill? No? What about something healthy to stave off hunger, like a banana mango kiwi smoothie? no, allergic to that too.... Given the long list of what he can't eat, what is a fellow to do? Eat nothing but rice and meat for every meal?

So my quest began, to create a list of recipes that are both enjoyable and inspired by various culinary traditions. My goal is to regularly post new tasty creations and latest on this unusual allergy. Stay tuned!

Please let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, or requests for future types of recipes. I am open to all kinds of feedback in the process of refining for the perfect meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment